Last updated on October 3rd, 2022 at 10:42 am
The Current SafeMama! Kristie
Hi fellow SafeMama’s. I’m Kristie, a long time SafeMama super fan. Years ago when both Kathy and I had small children, I helped contribute on this website. Now I am carrying the SafeMama torch to make sure parents continue to have a safe place to find helpful information. The original goal of SafeMama remains the same. I look forward to helping you and learning from you.
If you have any questions please contact me.
SafeMama™ should serve all parents as a resource to find information to help them protect their kids. With the onslaught of toy problems, lead paint, toxic chemicals, and other health concerns popping up in the news, I wanted to create a site where parents can go to find what they need to make educated and informed decisions.
Here is a picture of myself, my sweet daughter Nicolette and my rambunctious corgi.
The Original SafeMama! Katherine.
Hi! My name is Katherine. I am a mother of two boys aged 15 and 12. In 2007, I found it to be completely overwhelming to spend time researching safety issues for my first child. That was 15 years ago! I spent hours looking up Bisphenol-A, reading about the hormone-mimicking chemical called phthalates in PVC, or looking for the latest toy recalls. I had an “a-ha” moment and thought that I must not be the only parent scouring the Internet for information about things that affect our children. I started SafeMama™ to keep it all in one place.
If I can save one mother or father an hour of valuable time and provide them a space to get informed, figure out what to buy, or not to buy, without having to go from site to site to site looking for answers… then I’ll sleep better tonight.
There are dozens of sites like mine now and they are all run by great people and parents like me. What I can offer you is my knowledge of 15 years researching as a concerned parent, like you. My door is always open to your questions.
What This Site is For:
This site isn’t to take the place of official information or the advice given by medical doctors. It should be used as a resource, and a time-saver to help you as a parent make decisions that affect your kids and to find fun and healthful tips on living a healthy safe life.
Have a product you’d like me to review? Contact SafeMama!
SafeMama Print Publications / Books
Here is a selection of the publications that have featured or interviewed Katherine of SafeMama.com!
- Featured Trainer of the month in ACE Fitness Journal (May 2016)
- Green Child Magazine Fall 2012 Issue (page 43) for my work with EcoCentricMom.com
- SafeMama.com mentioned in Slow Death By Rubber Duck, Page 252, (May 2009) (View Here)
- BOOK: Contributed a chapter introduction for Itsabelly’s guide to Going Green with Baby (Oct 2008)
- SafeMama mentioned in Fortune Magazine article on July 18, 2008: Walmart: The New FDA (view article)
- SafeMama mentioned in Terrain Magazine (Summer 2008 Issue)
- SafeMama Mentioned on The Bump
- Chicago Tribune article 9-17-08 (view article)
- PLENTY Magazine: Are pacifiers safe? (website mention)
- Women’s World Magazine (August 2009 – Quoted in article about safer sippy cups)
SafeMama Online Publications
- Contributor on TheTot.com
- Wrote several fitness articles for Healthline.com
- On The Issues Magazine (March 2011)
- Safer Chemicals, Happy Families – Tell Your Story (April 2010)
- Healthy Child Healthy World – The Making of a Green Mom
- TodaysMama.com – Dream Big Interview (April 2009)
- My Little Buddha (link)
- Palm Beach Post Interview and Mention: (Returning, replacing recalled cribs not easy for parents)
- Parenting.com Article (Minimize Your baby’s Exposure to BPA)
- TheBump.com (Jan 2008)
Press Inquiries / Interview Requests: link to Contact Us page
Media Kit, Logos & Headshots
Interested in advertising, interviews, product reviews, or giveaways? Request our Media Kit for the latest traffic and demographic statistics available upon request.
SafeMama.com is PR Friendly but does not guarantee a review.