Last updated on July 17th, 2022 at 10:07 pm
Hi! My name is Katherine. I am a mother of two boys aged 15 and 12. In 2007, I found it to be completely overwhelming to spend time researching safety issues for my first child. That was 15 years ago! I spent hours looking up Bisphenol-A, reading about the hormone-mimicking chemical called phthalates in PVC, or looking for the latest toy recalls. I had an “a-ha” moment and thought that I must not be the only parent scouring the Internet for information about things that affect our children. I started SafeMama™ to keep it all in one place.
If I can save one mother or father an hour of valuable time and provide them a space to get informed, figure out what to buy, or not to buy, without having to go from site to site to site looking for answers… then I’ll sleep better tonight.
There are dozens of sites like mine now and they are all run by great people and parents like me. What I can offer you is my knowledge of 15 years researching as a concerned parent, like you. My door is always open to your questions.
What This Site is For:
This site isn’t to take the place of official information or the advice given by medical doctors. It should be used as a resource, and a time-saver to help you as a parent make decisions that affect your kids and to find fun and healthful tips on living a healthy safe life.
Have a product you’d like me to review? Contact SafeMama!
More About Katherine
I was once a web designer by trade and during that time co-authored a book with my amazing business partner about blogging called The IT Girls’ Guide to Blogging with Moxie (Wiley Publishing). Having kids really changed the way I view the world and they sparked change in my life. They are a big reason I want to change the world and help people. I attended a Liberal Arts College in Pennsylvania and took away a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree. I worked in the cement jungle of Philadelphia and beyond for many years, but seized an opportunity to start working from home as a freelancer when I began to have kids. I write freelance and welcome your pitch to write for you. Below is a selection of my work and publications I have been featured in.
Print Publications / Books
Here is a selection of the publications that have featured or interviewed Katherine of SafeMama.com!
- Featured Trainer of the month in ACE Fitness Journal (May 2016)
- Green Child Magazine Fall 2012 Issue (page 43) for my work with EcoCentricMom.com
- SafeMama.com mentioned in Slow Death By Rubber Duck, Page 252, (May 2009) (View Here)
- BOOK: Contributed a chapter introduction for Itsabelly’s guide to Going Green with Baby (Oct 2008)
- SafeMama mentioned in Fortune Magazine article on July 18, 2008: Walmart: The New FDA (view article)
- SafeMama mentioned in Terrain Magazine (Summer 2008 Issue)
- SafeMama Mentioned on The Bump
- Chicago Tribune article 9-17-08 (view article)
- PLENTY Magazine: Are pacifiers safe? (website mention)
- Women’s World Magazine (August 2009 – Quoted in article about safer sippy cups)
- Contributor on TheTot.com
- Wrote several fitness articles for Healthline.com
- On The Issues Magazine (March 2011)
- Safer Chemicals, Happy Families – Tell Your Story (April 2010)
- Healthy Child Healthy World – The Making of a Green Mom
- TodaysMama.com – Dream Big Interview (April 2009)
- My Little Buddha (link)
- Palm Beach Post Interview and Mention: (Returning, replacing recalled cribs not easy for parents)
- Parenting.com Article (Minimize Your baby’s Exposure to BPA)
- TheBump.com (Jan 2008)
Press Inquiries / Interview Requests: link to Contact Us page
Media Kit, Logos & Headshots
Interested in advertising, interviews, product reviews, or giveaways? Request our Media Kit for the latest traffic and demographic statistics available upon request.
Product Reviews & Giveaways
Product reviews are welcome on SafeMama.com if we think your product is a good fit for our readers. Feel free to contact us to see where your product or company would be a good fit and to send samples of your product (note: must be a full-sized product). If we encounter an issue with your sample, we will let you know privately.
SafeMama.com is PR Friendly but does not guarantee a review.