Last updated on August 20th, 2022 at 12:07 am
Having a 6-month-old means I am in the midst of the baby food jungle.. starting to introduce cereals and purees, which he is really loving and doing so well on them. I’d love to say I carve time out of my day to make all my own baby food but realistically, we all don’t always have the time and need to rely on prepared baby foods. I set out to find as many safely packaged baby food as I could and interestingly enough – most of the baby food packaged in BPA Free packaging was organic. Yay! Many of these brands you can find at your local health food stores or Whole Foods. Some you can find at the grocery store (Like Sprout Organics and Plum Organics). I’ve had some luck finding brands at Babies R Us as well. So here is a cheat sheet for those of you who need a little extra help finding something right for you.
Baby Food Packaged in BPA-Free packaging
- Earth’s Best Jarred Baby Food (Company says they converted to BPA-free jar packaging in Oct 2011)
- Gerber 2 Packs
- Happy Baby Organic Baby Food – Frozen, small portions,
- Sprout Organic Baby Food – Single portions (resealable), delicious
- Plum Organics (Plum Baby & Plum Tots)
- Ella’s Kitchen Baby Food
BPA Free Baby Food Preparation Tools
- Beaba BabyCook Baby Food Maker
- Green Sprouts Baby Food Maker Mill
- Norpro Stainless Steel Baby Food Maker Mill
- Williams-Sonoma Rosle Food Mill (stainless steel)
- Munchkin Food Mill Baby Food Grinder
BPA Free Baby Food Storage Options & Ideas
- Baby Cubes Baby Food Storage
- Beaba BabyCook MultiPortion Silicone Freezer Trays
- ThinkBaby Feeding Set
- Thermos Foogo Food Jar
- Onyx Stainless Steel Ice Cube trays
Make Your Own Baby Food Resources
- WholesomeBabyFood.com – Recipes
- Weelicious – Great site, Recipes, lots of good info!
- Top 100 Baby Purees by Annabel Karmel
- Blender Baby Food by Nicole Young and Nadine Ray ND
- Cooking For Baby by Lisa Barnes
- Feeding Baby Green, by Dr Alan Greene
- Super Baby Food by Ruth Yaron
- Baby Led Weaning by Gil Rappley
*Please note this is not a comprehensive list… if there is a brand or item you don’t see here please share it with us!
Subscribe to Dear SafeMama.