We were disappointed to hear that some Sassy products contain BPA, in spite of their previous reassurances that they do not. Thanks to our friends at The Soft Landing, we were made aware of this new development.
Sassy has confirmed that the following do actually contain BPA:
- Extra Gentle Soft Tip Spoon – BPA in handle
- EZ Grip Feeding Bowl and Color Change Spoon – BPA in spoon
- Snack Time Infa-Trainer Cup – BPA in cap over straw
- Flexi Grip Toddler Fork and Spoon
- Color Change Fork and Spoon
The Soft Landing has previously sold some of these items as BPA-free and they are immediately offering an exchange or store credit for anyone who has bought these products from them. You can contact them regarding returns at sassyrecall [at] thesoftlanding.com.
They are encouraging Sassy to issue a manufacturer’s recall for these products, and we agree with that. If they originally sold these as BPA-free and now concede that they aren’t, they should offer a refund to anyone who requests it. While we’re certainly glad that Sassy admitted there was an error, this is a serious blow to their credibility.