We wrote here before about microwave popcorn. I know, I know… always the bearer of bad news. I’m settled in my role of letting you know things that cause you cancer. I’ll gladly be the messenger that everyone wants to shoot. Anyway, as we wrote back in 2008 (wow time flies), microwave popcorn is many things besides delicious. The liner of microwave popcorn bags are lined with a coating that is known to break down into a substance known as PFOA, or perfluorooctanoic. (Say it with me… greeeeeat.) This was a blow for me. I love my nightly popcorn ritual.
My friends at MightyNest have just announced their brand spanking new Kitchen Essentials section which provides the safest options for cooking and serving. From aluminum free muffin pans to silicone spatulas, they have you covered. Luck would have it that they now carrying a glass popcorn popper by Catamount. It sounds pretty genius and no pesky carcinogenic chemicals screwing up your popcorn. To use it you simply pour your kernels into the container, place your butter (if you like) in the silicone melting lid, and microwave for 2 minutes and 45 seconds. That’s it. Easy peasy. What’s even cooler is that as the butter melts, it drips down through the lid and coats your popcorn for you, while its popping. I totally need this thing. It’s made of borosilicate (laboratory glass) and is dishwasher safe. How cool. And guess what? I’m giving one away to one lucky reader. (You are lucky… even I don’t have one of these yet. )
Here’s How To Enter (Required):
Visit MightyNest’s new Kitchen Essentials section and tell me in the comments what you need for your non-toxic kitchen. What are you dying to replace?
For Extra Entries:(You must leave a comment for each extra entry for them to count and you must have already completed the required entry method above):
- Fan/Like SafeMama on Facebook (first name, last initial)
- Fan/Like MightyNest on Facebook (first name, last initial)
- Follow @SafeMama on Twitter (Twitter name)
- Follow @MightyNest on Twitter (Twitter name)
- Subscribe to SafeMama.com via feedburner email
- Follow me on Google Friend Connect!
- Tweet this giveaway (CAN BE RETWEETED ONCE A DAY – Just leave the link to the tweet itself each day in the comments): Enter to #WIN a glass popcorn maker from @MightyNest on @SafeMama! #giveaway ends 5/19 http://tinyurl.com/6cbcctk
One US winner will be selected at random using Random.org. Entries will be accepted until May 19, 2011 at midnight EST. Good Luck!
Congratulations Kim, commenter #17!