Having a 6 month old means I am in the midst of the baby food jungle.. starting to introduce cereals and purees, which he is really loving and doing so well on them. I’d love to say I carve time out of my day to make all my own baby food but realistically, we all don’t always have the time and need to rely on prepared baby foods.  I set out to find as many safely packaged baby food as I could and interestingly enough – most of the baby food packaged in BPA Free packaging was organic.  Yay! Many of these brands you can find at your local health food stores or Whole Foods.  Some you can find at the grocery store (Like Sprout Organics and Plum Organics). I’ve had some luck finding brands at Babies R Us as well. So here is a cheat sheet for those of you who need a little extra help finding something right for you.

Last Updated: May 17, 2012

Baby Food Packaged in BPA Free packaging

BPA Free Baby Food Preparation Tools

BPA Free Baby Food Storage Options & Ideas

Make Your Own Baby Food Resources

*Please note this is not a comprehensive list… if there is a brand or item you don’t see here please share it with us!

Posted by: SafeMama Kathy on February 5, 2010

Comments

8 Responses to “Cheat Sheet: BPA Free Baby Food, Baby Food Creation and Storage Tools”

1. rebecca on February 5th, 2010 10:27 pm

Evenflo makes freezer trays (Evenflo Portion Freezer Tray) that claim to be BPA free. Also, another great resource for making baby food and the one that I still use even though my baby is eating table food is Super Baby Food. It is a nice and chunky book full of every kind of “food” info you could ever want!

2. Rachael on February 6th, 2010 3:02 am

I’d add “Baby Led Weaning” by Gil Rappley and her website http://www.babyled.com to your resources. That is the resource I used with my second child for solids and it was great to bypass purees and spoonfeeding altogether – definitely made things easier when juggling multiple kids.

3. heather on February 6th, 2010 5:01 pm

do you know if ella’s kitchen baby food is in bpa free packaging?

4. Kathy on February 6th, 2010 7:58 pm

Heather – I just looked into it and yes it is! I added it to our cheat sheet. Thanks!

5. Cathy on February 7th, 2010 1:00 am

i use Kidco freezer trays and love them!

6. heather on February 7th, 2010 4:19 am

Just FYI – I contacted Fifibear’s today, and the owner said she was on hiatus and wasn’t producing any products. She also said they were out of any stock.

7. Christine on March 1st, 2010 8:08 pm

Earth’s Best organic glass jarred infant foods – are these not BPA free? Forgive my mommy brain but I thought all glass jarred products were BPA free.

Thanks for your input!

8. Kathy on March 1st, 2010 8:14 pm

Hi Christine,
    The problem with glass is that while the glass jar itself is BPA Free – all glass is BPA free, however the LID is not. The inside of jar lids is coated with an epoxy lining that does contain Bisphenol-a. The amount of BPA that gets into jarred foods is variable and considerably less (I am assuming it’s less), so glass is a better choice. But I can’t tell ou they are 100% BPA Free which is why they are all missing from our list.

I hope that clears it up! (I have permanent Mommy Brain by the way)